Resources and Information
Developing Your Parenting Plan
Developing Your Parenting Plan: This link takes you to the Oregon Judicial Department Parenting Plan website which provides you with information and forms to develop your own parenting plan. There are just examples. We can discuss and refine a plan in our mediation.
Family Law Resources from the Oregon Department of Justice
- Oregon Child Support Calculator. In our mediation we can do several child support computations to find a child support arrangement that works best for your situation.
Parent Education Classes
Most Oregon counties require each parent to complete a parent education class before a final judgment is signed. Taking the class before filing a case and before or during mediation can provide you with important tools to help you settle your case and promote valuable co-parenting skills. See the links for specific class information for the Portland metropolitan area.
- Oregon Department of Justice Parenting Plan Website
- Clackamas County Parent Education Program
- Clackamas County Family Court Services (including mediation)
- Multnomah County Parenting Class
- Multnomah County Family Court Services (including mediation)
- Multnomah County Parent Coaching
- Washington County Parenting Class (Kids' Turn)
- Washington County Family Law Resources (including mediation)
- Parenting Plans (Oregon Judicial Branch)
Important Oregon Statutes
Mandatory Discovery - ORS 107.089. Unless waived, parties to a divorce case must exchange financial and other information. This statute describes what must be exchanged.
Temporary Restraining Order - ORS 107.093. This statute restricts parties to a divorce and separation case from liquidating assets, assuming new debt and changing insurance policies or designations. In our mediation, I will ask you to agree to follow these rules even before filing a case.